View Single Post
Old
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
score0123

vCash: 500
Quote:
I still can't see the reasoning behind the way Lakehead structured their ticket sales. Unless they were very confident of selling out the packages like UNB did, but they obviously didn't nor did they ask for the tickets also like UNB did, which I might add is a wonderful idea. I know you can count on me and quite a few more from the U de M organisation to buy our ticket packages for the 2 nationals in UNB, even though we hope we won't have to use them.

I have to agree with this.
I still think that they did it because they feared that if they went back on their stance of not selling individual tickets, then next season no one would buy the passes, and I do think that would be an issue. While people in the city love Lakehead hockey, I believe that a good portion of them would not care to attend the games between the other teams. That being said, I wish they had filled the place up. It has been discussed in the news that they will be reviewing that policy for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck with the tournament passes only stance until game day next year, and then go ahead and sell individuals. Plus, as I said in an earlier post, I think that they will package the 2 games as a day pass, rather than just selling the LU tickets individually. I think that's the smart move on their part as well if they do that.

Quote:
As far as I can remember the story was that there was conflict with one or more of the players on the team which ended up in Pete's firinig. Which ranks right up there in stupid reasons with his firing in Moncton, when U de M refused to make his coaching position a full time job, then turning around and giving it to Charlie two months later.
While Lakehead enjoyed plenty of success under Beliveau, I do believe that he needed to go. Having been to 95% of the games since we got the team, I can tell you that they definitely were on the decline in his last bit as head coach here. The team was a mess in their own end and it was as though he had no defensive system in place at all. Not only that, but our breakout consisted of sending someone deep to the opposition's blue line, and then trying to fire a pass from in our own end to that player, which obviously failed 9 out of 10 times, with it either getting broken up or whistled for icing. Hence they tried to bring in a defensive minded coach in McKee, and I think it was the right move for the two to part ways.

score0123 is offline   Reply With Quote