View Single Post
Old
09-09-2004, 09:18 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
There are a lot of flaws in your theory. Not the least of which is that it is spawned from the mind of a hockey fan of a team that would be a certain keeper. A Canadian team...Toronto??? Would it be fine with you if the NHL became a Canadian team only league?

You say you loved the 5-0 game last night. You loved the tick tack toe goal that was scored. Would you have been as excited if the 5-0 score had been in the Slovak's favor? Did you enjoy the blow outs of the Germans as much? Its not hard to see that you are little more than a homer.

If there were only 8 teams and Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver were 6 of the teams and you added NY and Detroit as boarder towns, the sport would disappear from the national scene in the United States. As a Canadian, I am pretty sure that you don't give a crap about the American hockey fan.

Your theory that drastically cutting the number of teams and then loading each of the remaining teams with a higher level of talent is going to increase scoring is flawed too. Its like you are forgetting that while each team is loading up on forwards, each team is also loading up on defensemen and goaltenders. That todays #3-4 defenseman is a 5, 6 or 7 in your new league.

I think you are also forgetting that even in this world cup all of the teams are playing the trap. The only team that didnt trap was team USA for the first two games and they nearly got run out of the building trying that. By the way...what was the score of the team Canada vs team USA game??? 2-1, right? is that what you meant by high scoring, old time hockey? Try to remember that the Slovak team
was very much undermanned and totally outclassed by the Canadian team. Do you really think that there will be a 5-4 game in any of the remaining games of the world cup? Broduer, Esche, Kiprisoff and Vokuon. I don't think so.