Thread: Prospect Info: Yannick Weber interview on CKAC
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree, which is why I would fight like hell to make sure that they are allowed to stay. But Habsfan18 does have a point, if you're going to post a french link. It would be nice if an english translation was also included. Even if it just covers a few of the main points.
I don't have the best understanding of French, but I like to test myself and try to read articles to see if I get the gist of it. By the time I'm done struggling through an article, someone has usually posted a translation, so I can see if I how right or wrong I was in understanding it. It's actually pretty entertaining sometimes.

I know this is an English language forum, but I find it sort of funny when people get up in arms about there not being a translation in the OP (by the way, I'm not really talking about this thread, I've just been inspired to muse about what I've seen in the past). I guess it's just a symptom of our instant information society. The vast majority of French articles that are posted on here get translated quickly. I've found that a little patience and a quick "thank you" to the translator that steps up makes things go a lot smoother.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote