View Single Post
Old
04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Like it or not, that is how the rules work. Anytime the stick comes up above the shoulders on somebody, it's a penalty. period. And there's a lot of emphasis on calling it, because it is dangerous.

But that's why several of us are advocating a rule change- because the point you're making is valid, the rule as it currently stands isn't perfect and needs work. Not every rule is perfect, that's why they tweak them fairly often.
I understand what your saying. But this is not true. Many many instances your stick will come up because you are forced into that position and penalty will not be called because the situation was out of your control. It all comes down to a judment call on the refs part i guess. I dont think a rule change is need, just to have the rule clarified so we understand how it applies in diffrent situations.

Once again i personally have never seen this type of thing happen, it just kinda baffles me.

You know the rule is pretty vague when people who have played and watched the sport for YEARS have a discussion like this.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote