View Single Post
Old
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I agree with a lot of this. I keep seeing people say well if A dman gets hurt we can just send giroux down for a couple games. Well what they arent thinking about is that if someone like Timonen gets hurt essentially giroux gets hurt too. What if Kimmo was hurt for like 10 games? We would lose the two of them, a valuable top 9 forward AND out best player for 10 games. We would be ****** and possibly miss the playoffs completely.

What upshall does on another team really doesnt matter because he WAS NOT going to do it here, ever! He was going tobe let go in the offseason. From what ive heard he was asking for 2.5+ next year. No I dont have a link, Its just what ive heard from a couple people I know working with the Flyers. I guess we will see what he gets this summer and we can decide how terrible this trade is. I mean, yes Upshall is a better player than Carcillo but its not like he was producing here either. He was playing 10-12 minutes a night so anyone that says that he sparked the team with his energy is ridiculous. The guy got like 3-4 shifts a period.

The team chemistry thing is stupid too. Come on, these guys are professionals. If they are sad because their little buddy is gone and that is effecting their play then they dont deserve to win anyway. Chemistry is one thing, but being friends is another. Chemistry ON THE ICE is what im worried about. Like dont break up big time scoring lines. Was the chemistry on Upshalls line so good that it hurt the team to break them up? No.
Ok, for real? Upshall played at 110% everytime on the ice. He would fly in on the forecheck, and as a player on the bench that HAS to get you excited. Who on this team does that? Who. Powe is the only person i see who resembles that. They arent playing like **** because they miss their buddy. They are playing like crap because noone is picking up that energy Upshall left. They play so lethargic. They dump the puck in and lazily skate in the zone, by then the puck is cleared and they lazily skate out. Ive said it before, energy is contagious, and when you see a guy trying everytime hes on the ice its gotta inspire you. This is where our ****ing captain needs to grab the team by the balls and show em how its done. Its just since the break they havent played inspired hockey. They have guys who can create a buzz on the bench, and they need to start doing it (Richards, Hartnell in particular)

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote