Old
04-03-2009, 12:42 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Filling what role?
When fully healthy, I think Upshall is a far more useful player to this lineup.
The Olde City line role. I think Carter and Harts have obviously been key to the line, but Lupul has filled a nice spot as the big-bodied sniper on that line. I don't think there's any way Upshall does what Lupul can do there. That line has consistently been our best one all year.

The 2 goals Lupul scored at NYI that turned the game around, that's something Upshall is much less likely to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Nodl is nowhere near being a contributing NHL forward.
I wouldn't say that, he's had an interesting first AHL season with a solid .5 PPG pace and keeping an even rating on a team without many positive players outside of Ross. Plus, he had the rep as a good defensive player at St. Cloud.

Quote:
Upshall did lots of little things over the course of the game. Hartnell gets in a fight? Upshall takes his shift...now it's Asham. When the lines are messed up after a PP/PK, you could put him out there on the upper lines.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you always maintained that there's no fighting in the playoffs? I mean, if Hartnell is fighting in the playoffs, I have a serious problem with that.

As far as the post PK shift, you are talking about a max of 5-6 shifts per game where Asham might play 30 secs instead of Upshall. That shouldn't be a determining factor in whether we win or lose.

Quote:
It's a host of factors, I wouldn't be shocked if that's one of 'em. They lost Metro, Vaananen, and Upshall in quick succession...all guys who had been filling roles on this team from the beginning of the season.
Yeah, but Vaananen has been replaced by Parent, Metro was upgraded by Giroux, and we've had a slight downgrade from Upshall to Carcillo. The on-ice effect should be minimal.

Quote:
Unfortunately, rationality isn't always a human strength.
Somebody needs to get up in that locker room and say, "Look, Scottie got traded, it sucks, but WE NEED TO FOCUS ON WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP."

If that hasn't been done, that's a flat-out ****** job of leadership.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote