View Single Post
Old
09-10-2004, 07:15 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
some potential bad news on foote...L.I.RangersFan posted over at the puck this boards that he received word from Bestwick that foote may have suffered a dislocated shoulder which could keep him out most of the year (and likely lead to him being redshirted)...

the injury (or severity) isn't confirmed yet so keep the fingers crossed...
I e-mailed Coach Bestwick when I didn't see Foote listed on their roster. He replied, almost immediately, that Foote had decided to go to MTU this year. He learned that day that Foote had dislocated his shoulder and "could" be out for the year.

What impressed me the most was the speed of the reply and that these coaches actually take the time to read and reply to fan e-mails.

The redshirt info is just my opinion because a dislocated shoulder, with surgery to repair any tears, has a normal healing time of 12-14 weeks. Add in some rehab time and a good majority of the college season is over. It only makes sense to redshirt him since he would keep his four year eligibility. Remember though, I believe you can only redshirt once in your college career.

Hope the kid heals fast, rehabs great and comes in next year (which was the plan all along) and plays great. I am going to try and get some info from MTU on him as soon as possible and I will pass along any info that I do get.

Oh and by the way NYR469, "he" is a "she"