View Single Post
Old
04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
flountown

vCash: 500
It bothers me that everyone is back on the unload Lupul wagon. I agree with the post earlier where we need to move on from Knuble and work on our younger players. I love Knubs, but he is worth way more than we will be willing to pay him and I hope he moves on to make good money when rounding out his career. I feel with the ability to sign Biron around the 4.5ish mark, we should concentrate more on filling a defensive need by dealing a salary like Jones or Carle. This would allow some of our prospects and a cheap vet to step up and round out our parings. The blue line is a place where we seem to struggle to get younger and frankly I think a changing of the guard will serve us well. We are at a point in time where our balanced offensive production is unrivaled by other teams, and I feel a trial by fire for defensive prospects at this time suits us much better than dealing offensive talent in order to sign short term defensive help.

We don't play the defensive style where we live and die by our blue line, so why adjust our team to face that pressure. I feel allowing our prospects and younger defensemen to step up and fill a void will be much better for our team in the long run. If this fails to work, then look for something approaching the deadline like we did this past year. Either way I don't think a fire-sale of salary is truly necessary for us to be successful.

If we stay where we are offensively and do some figuring on D then we are looking at essentially 7-8 20+ goal scorers with the ability of 5-6 hitting 30. Not a bad set of offensive support to build the confidence of defenders.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote