Thread: Value of: Kessel to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Sunfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Assuming Kessel can't be resigned and needs to be shopped, I can't think of anything we could offer that works for the Bruins. What do you guys think, what would the Bruins accept from Ottawa? Remember, it needs to be a Cap Friendly move for Boston, otherwise they wouldn't be trading Kessel.
Bostons Cap is going to be around 47.6 approximately. I'm thinking that Boston maybe more likely to trade Savard before Kessel and move Kessel or Bergeron into a 1# centers role with the other being the #2. Moving Savard and taking on minimal salary would allow Boston to sign Kessel, Krejci, and a cheap back up goalie.

If Boston was looking to move Savard I hope Ottawa would be interested as he would be a good replacement if they choose to move Spezza.

Now I suspect Boston could get more but what about Auld, Schubert, Zubov for Savard and a 2009 3rd.

Auld provides Boston with a quality back up for 1 year and then they could bring up Rask in 2010/2011 when they have a little more cap room while giving Rask another year to develop.

Schubert is a depth player that can fill Hnidy's spot.

Zubov - Quality prospect.

Boston gains gains between 2 and 3 million in cap space.

Ottawa gains an Ottawa born center who gives them options for either the 1st or
2nd line. Now chances are Boston could bet a better deal than this but hey no harm in trying.

Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote