View Single Post
Old
09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Personally, I think Beauchemin's shown more than Tremblay. I think Tremblay benefited from a very good team. Hell, Beauchemin may be Canada's WJC goalie this year.
Actually, that is not a fair statement at all. Beauchemin has come A LONG way since joining the Hull Olympiques (or Gatineau Olympiques). Truth of the matter is that Tremblay is a great prospect and so is Beauchemin. The only reason why Beauchemin was called up during the Philadelphia playoff run was because Tremblay was in the middle of a playoff run himself. And I'll also add this about Tremblay. He beat some of the "great" goaltending prospects during the QMJHL playoffs. You can say all what you want about the team in front of him, but truth of the matter is that the goalie is the last line of defence and Tremblay proved every bit of his worth. As for Esche being number 1 for quite some time, I'm gonna hold off on that until Niitymaki is finally ready. Niitymaki showed last season he could step in and play with the best. Truth of the matter is that we have some very, very good goaltending prospects that we haven't had in quite some time.