Habs Board 1st Annual Shadow Draft Lottery (For all thos too late to HabsFan18's)
View Single Post
04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Habs Board 1st Annual Shadow Draft Lottery (For all thos too late to HabsFan18's)
Ok, since I was late to the party on Habfans18's draft lottery I fugred there have to be 29 other Habs fans that were also late.
So I figured I would start a second lottery for all the late comer's.
The rules are eerily simple (and lifted) from Habsfan18 since he does such a great job to begin with. There a few extra rules:
- If you were part of the other draft started by Habsfan18, you are not permitted on this one.
- The only exception is Habsfan18 out of respect for the work he puts into the original
- If there aren't enough members to complete the league then no draft will take place.
.. and now the part that I have gladly paraphrased and repackage from Habsfan18
- 3 rounds, snake format
- 1 team per member
- NO backups, if you aren't able to pick in the time frame you were supposed to pick then the BPA determined by me will be assigned to you.
- There will be a time limit of 12 hours on picks. PM me if you won't be able to be there for it with your list of players
- Draft will take place the day after the lottery, and we'll go by the final standings for the other teams
- Every team gets 3 picks, existing trades will not be recognized
Links to Habsfan18's original Draft Lottery:
Freaky Habs Fan
New Jersey -
Freaky Habs Fan
San Jose -
Tampa Bay -
I'm taking Hotlanta, first come first serve (except those already served!) for the rest.
Here's the order along with who picked what for the next 3 rounds:
1. New York Islanders -
F John Tavares
- The New York Islanders are proud to select, with the first overall pick in the mikeg Entry Draft, F John Tavares from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).
2. Tampa Bay -
- With the 2nd overall pick, The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select from Sweden(roars).
3. Colorado -
- With the 3rd pick overall in the 2009 nhl draft, the Colorado Avalanche are proud to select from the Brampton Battalions...........
4. Atlanta -
- The Atlanta Thrashers hockey organization are pleased to announce their selection of Evander Kane from the WHL's Vancouver Giants. We needed to breach the racial divide in our city when it comes to hockey, and we feel Evander is the right man to do it.
5. Los Angeles -
- The Los Angeles Kings select Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson from Timra. (And shed a tear that Duchene is gone as he should be)
6. Phoenix -
- the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the University of Minnesota of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, forward, Zach Budish.
We are very thrilled to get Zach, a very smart power forward. Zach has as tremendous shot, great vision, good size, and he has no problem getting physical. Although his development was setback with a torn ACL, we feel that his style of game is that of a good NHL player. Zach has all the tools and its just about putting them all together in the next couple of years.
7. Toronto -
- With the 7th overall pick, the Maple Leafs are proud to select Luke's brother, Brayden Schenn.
8. Dallas -
- Well it looks like time has run out for the Dallas GM, therefore with the 8th overall pick in the draft the Dallas Stars pick the BPA in NA as per CSS final rankings - C - Jordan Schroeder from U Of Minnesota.
9. Ottawa -
- For our first selection of the draft and the ninth pick overall, the Ottawa Senators are absolutely thrilled, and more than a little bit surprised, to select defenceman Jared Cowan of the Spokane Chiefs. Thank-you.
10. Edmonton -
- The oilers are proud to select from the drumondville voltigeurs (D) Dimitri Kulikov
11. Nashville -
- The Prestigious Nashville Predators are very proud to select from the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL (C) Scott Glennie
12. Minnesota -
- Well it looks like time has run out for the Minnesota GM, therefore with the 12th overall pick in the draft the Minnesota Wild pick the BPA in NA as per CSS final rankings - defenceman John Moore out of the USHL
13. Buffalo -
- After years of having smallish centers who overvalue themselves and sign big contracts with rivals in the Northeastern U.S., The Sabres will reach out with the 12th pick to take Peter Holland of the Guelph Storm, what a steal!
14. Florida -
- There was a few surprise pick before us and one player fell to the claws of the Panthers. His name : Oliver Ekman-Larsson.
We just can't figure out how he fell to us, as he's a talented blueliner who might be a player like Lidstrom. While he shouldn't ever be as good, he's gonna anchor our blue line for years to come. He just need to adapt to NA game and put some meat on his frame.
15. Anaheim -
- With the 15th, the Anaheim Ducks are proud to select, from USA U-18 NTDP, Drew Shore. This guy has a real offensive instinct with soft hands and his big body will be very useful in the NHL. We're gonna have a big one two punch at center with Getzlaf and Shore.
16. Columbus -
- With the 16th pick in this year's draft, The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select from Skelleftea of the Sweedish Junior league, David Rundblad.
"David's offensive instincts are off the charts, his combination of size, speed and hockey IQ could help him become the PP quarterback that we have been looking for, we beleive with a little work on his defensive game that he could be one of the next top offensive defenceman in the league, we could not be more exited about this pick."
17. St.Louis -
- With the 17th overall selection, the St. Louis Blues are very proud to select forward Zack Kassian of the OHL's Peterborough Petes.
"We went with a defenseman last year, so we're going with a forward this year. We have a lot of really good prospects, some who have made the NHL this year. Zack will be an excellent addition to the organization. He had a decent year with Peterborough and we hope to see him representing Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships next winter."
18. Montreal -
- It is our great pleasure to announce that the club de hockey canadiens have found his bigger, better replacement from the Espoo Blues of the Finish Elite league, centre Joonas Nättinen.
Nättinen has the size, skill and vision to be an impact player in the NHL, and should be a major part of our organization for years to come.
19. New York Rangers -
-The New York Rangers are proud to select, with their 2009 1st round pick, from Lethbridge in the WHL, Carter Ashton, who will had some depth to our RW prospects.
20. Carolina -
- With the 20th pick, the Carolina Hurricanes are very happy to select from the Windsor Spitfires, Ryan Ellis
21. Calgary -
- With the 21st choice The Calgary Flames would like to pick, Nazem Kadri .
"We were ready to take a chance with this gifted prospect, we know he can become a great player, we'll make everythig so that he can become a good offensive player, as he said himself he still has lots of work to do but we are confident well make him a dangerous player. We were searching for a D at first but we tought since he was still available that it would be great to have such a player on our side."
22. Philadelphia -
- With the 22nd pick overall, the Philadelphia are Flyers were shocked to see him at this spot, D, Simon Despres from the Q.
23. Pittsburgh -
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select, from Red Deer of the WHL, forward Landon Ferraro. We believe Landan can become a great player to play with Crosby and Malkin. He led his team in goals by a wide margin, so he got sniper potential. Also got a good U-18 despite an injury.
24. Vancouver -
- After much deliberation, the Vancouver Canucks select from the SEL, Jacob Josefson.
25. Chicago -
- The Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to select Louis Leblanc from Omaha of the USHL.
We feel we have great talents on the wing positions and Louis Leblanc will improve our centre position. We see him within a few years lining up on our second trio"
26. New Jersey -
-The New Jersey Devils are proud to select, from Skellefteå AIK Sweden, d-man Tim Erixson. We felt that Tim was one the most talented d-man of this draft. He's gonna be our number 1 in couple years. His vision of the game is fantastic and he's gonna be a force for our PP.
27. Washington -
- With the absence of the Caps GM, the league is happy to step in and announce that the Washington Capitals, with the 27th overall pick select LW Carl Klingberg.
28. Detroit -
- With the 28th overall pick in the draft the Detroit Red Wings are happy to welcome another flying Swede into their organization, centre Marcus Johansson
29. Boston -
- With the 29th overall pick in this year's entry draft, the Boston Bruins organization would like to welcome from the OHL's Plymouth Whalers, goaltender Matthew Hackett
30. San Jose -
Calvin de Haan
- With the 30th pick in the NHL entry draft, the San Jose Sharks are pleased to select, Calvin de Haan from the Oshawa Generals of the OHL.
31. New York Islanders -
- The New York Islanders are very happy to select center Jordan Caron from the Rimouski Oceanic. We feel he has great potential as a 2nd line center, and are anxious to see him flourish.
32. Tampa Bay -
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are a disgrace and are please to select with their 2nd pick, Toni Rajala from Ilves Tampere of the FNL.
"Toni is a superb talent, and offers a future of great playmaking alongside Steven Stamkos. His recent showing for Finland at the under 18 championships was incredible leading all players with 19 points in 6 games."
33. Colorado -
- The avalanche are proud to select playing in Saskatoon out of the whl Stefan Elliot, we believe Stefan has potential to become a great defenceman which is a position we need some depth in
34. Atlanta -
- The Atlanta Thrashers are very happy to announce the selection of Swedish Junior, Goaltender, Robin Lehner.
We feel that Robin will be NHL ready in 3 to 4 years, and will battle with Kari for the number 1 job sooner rather than later. And yes, Kari is available if anybody is interested.
35. Los Angeles -
36. Phoenix -
37. Toronto -
38. Dallas -
39. Ottawa -
40. Edmonton -
41. Nashville -
42. Minnesota -
43. Buffalo -
44. Florida -
45. Anaheim -
46. Columbus -
47. St.Louis -
48. Montreal -
49. New York Rangers -
50. Carolina -
51. Calgary -
52. Philadelphia -
53. Pittsburgh -
54. Vancouver -
55. Chicago -
56. New Jersey -
57. Washington -
58. Detroit -
59. Boston -
60. San Jose -
61. New York Islanders -
62. Tampa Bay -
63. Colorado -
64. Atlanta -
65. Los Angeles -
66. Phoenix -
67. Toronto -
68. Dallas -
69. Ottawa -
70. Edmonton -
71. Nashville -
72. Minnesota -
73. Buffalo -
74. Florida -
75. Anaheim -
76. Columbus -
77. St.Louis -
78. Montreal -
79. New York Rangers -
80. Carolina -
81. Calgary -
82. Philadelphia -
83. Pittsburgh -
84. Vancouver -
85. Chicago -
86. New Jersey -
87. Washington -
88. Detroit -
89. Boston -
90. San Jose -
Last edited by mikeg: 04-26-2009 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by mikeg