View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzen View Post
If Loungo cares about winning so much he'll take a pay decrease to allow the 'nucks a better opportunity to fill holes elsewhere. Brodeur-style.

Otherwise this talk about "winning" is just that.
so does that mean that every player that signs for over $6mill does not care about winning? Luongo is signed to $6.75mill right now... I wouldn't expect him to take a pay decrease, since no key player like that ever does. And bringing up Brodeur is useless (who signed for below market value but did not take a pay decrease)... there are few players that will spend their entire careers with one club (Luongo has already been on 3) and develop that loyalty for that club, like Brodeur has... I wouldn't expect Luongo to, nor would I criticize him for it.

Do you think that Lundqvist doesn't want to win (his cap hit is higher than Luongo's right now)... or Iginla? Crosby? Malkin? Ovechkin? Richards? Lecavalier? Spezza, Heatley... the list goes on...

do none of these players care about winning for taking such a huge cap hit on their team? All of the above make more now, and likely will still have a higher cap hit than Luongo when he signs another deal.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote