Thread: News Article: Canucks sign Evan Oberg (Official)
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Hey guys, I'm a Wild fan, but I attend UMD and know Evan Oberg. I've seen him play every single home game at UMD and let me tell you, this kid is a great player and a great guy off the ice. Most hockey players here are really big headed and have huge egos but Oberg was in one of my small classes as a freshman (we are the same year) and was nothing but helpful.

As far as hockey senses go, he's a very cerebral player. He's not a flashy skater or flashy player, but he is good in transition, has a great shot, and is a sound positional defensemen.

Needs to bulk up, but that will come in an NHL conditioning program. He'll play in the NHL someday. Great signing. I was clamoring for the Wild to give him a shot but it looks like he chose to play in his native Canada.

Congrats to you guys for the signing and congrats to Evan.
Cheers and thanks for the info. Always great to add a guy with a good attitude to the organization, and hopefully he can develop his game. Walsky has already gotten into some game action in Manitoba, hopefully Oberg can do the same before the regular season wraps up over there next week.

It's great to see Gillis working to stock up the prospect cupboard. The amount of quality players Anaheim has found by going this route is absolutely ridiculous. I sure wouldn't mind adding a few more; John Mitchell would be nice.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote