View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Good Will. Making decisions to your personal detriment just to be good to people is about the epitome of that. Don't disagree at all that we would have been better off if those guys were riding the pine the end of that season.

Sharp asked out because he wanted a bigger role. Sharp and Hitch talk on the phone to this day...there was zero animosity between the two. Sharp just wanted to develop his career elsewhere.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with what you're trying to argue. Nothing. Making a bad trade has nothing to do with your perspective on how to operate.

The KJ thing has nothing to do with good will, it was *****ing about the new system. Kesler was one of the few truly Machiavellian things he ever did. I applauded it.

A whole bunch of crap we subsequently re-acquired?

Sent them back a scoring line winger that we probably could have used on that club after we stole one of their primary players.

Trying to engender good will between Lindros and management...a decision I believe he's since specifically stated regret about. That was a political decision, not one that Clarke really wanted to make. Murray was just another victim of Lindros (Podein and others as well).

Only because you don't seem to really grasp what it is, and how it can operate in a social organization such as the NHL GMs club, or when dealing with players.

Again, completely irrelevant to the claim your attempting to make. I would state that Clarke's desire to remain on good ground with most GMs in the league was a direct hindrance to the competitiveness of this team at times (see Weinrich, Therien, etc.).
Ugh, I agree with Jester.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote