View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Again, I don't think the Leafs would be looking for just picks and prospects. I think they are looking for at least one player who can help them now. Honestly, as much as I'd LOVE to add Kabs to our blue line, the Flyers just aren't a good trading partner. The Leafs would HAVE to take back some significant salary in return at the expense of some valuable prospects they could be getting. The Leafs would have to take back either Lupul or Carle and we basically gave up 2 firsts for Carle Lupul cost us what was suppose to be our franchise dman of the future. Everyone knows that Carter and Richards aren't going anywhere now (or at least I hope they understand that) but I don't think people understand just how high management (not just the fans) are on both Sbisa and Giroux. Our GM said that he believes he has a future Norris canidate in Sbisa (not that he'll win it but that he'll be good enough to be considered for it) and Giroux has played better as the top line center between Gagne and Knuble than Richards did. Giroux actually had Gagne and Knuble scoring better than Richards did. In just half a year in the NHL Giroux has shown that what he did in the "Q" last year and their playoffs was no fluke. Giroux began this season with having 4 wisdom teeth pulled so he started in the AHL and a slow start. He came back to make the AHL all-star team even after he was called up to the Flyers. JVR may be a top prospect that we'd be willing to part with but honestly, we need a goalie much much more than we need another puck moving dman.
maybe I should have bolded when I said "(for hypothetical sake)"

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote