Thread: Value of: Tomas Kaberle
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 07:23 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
When you say MID level...... who would you mean?

IMO Evgeny Grachev is probably a mid level prospect. He certainly isn't a blue chipper. So in that case, since NYR needs a good PP man with Roszival... do you think 1st Round + Grachev would be fine? I don't see how they are going to be in cap trouble. They do have a lot of money in Drury and Gomez... but a very large portion of their roster is either RFA or UFA this summer. So it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
I can't speak for other teams becuase I really don't follow their prospects. From the Flyers I consider Kevin Marshall our best and a very good mid-level prospect. I really really like this kid. He's almost a lock to be a 2nd pairing guy. He'll never be a top pairing guy but you need good 2nd pairing guys too. He's a big stay-at-home dman who plays with a bit of a physical edge and he can clear the crease. The Flyers NEED a guy like this. Coburn and Parent are decent sized but neither use that size to "clear the crease". Marshall is a solid skater and solid at outlet passes. There's not a lot of offensive ability but he plays well in his own zone. Maybe others aren't as high on him as I am but I see him as a quality "non-blue chip" prospect, thus I called him a mid-level one. The guy who suggested Andres Nodl along with our 1st I hope was joking and I said as much. Nodl is still a bit of a long shot to reach his full potential while Marshall is just about a lock to reach his. THAT'S the kind of prospect I think that along with a 1st and a quality NHL player is fair value for Kabs.

Oh, and so you know, HF has Marshall rated as a 7.5C, that's no slouch prospect there. If I remember correctly Vlasic and Wishart were both 7.5 prospects too and I'd love to have either of them in our system.

Last edited by phlocky: 04-06-2009 at 07:32 PM.
phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote