Thread: Value of: Tomas Kaberle
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I really like Laich, but it would have to be at least him and a 1st. Either that or the Caps add Morrisson or somebody like that.
The Caps picks will likely be late in each round so a 2nd with him likely isn't enough. You are getting the Caps 2nd best center so their 1st might be a bit of an over payment. I would have the leafs adding a 3rd to balance it out and I think that would be fair for both teams.

I think this would be a GREAT trade for the Leafs. They don't get any prospects but they do get a very good 2nd line center to help them immediately and honestly, I can't see Burke being satisfied with waiting on prospects and picks to develope from any Kabs deal. Even a late 1st this year should be a very good player, boarderline top line/2nd line forward or #2/#3 dman. However, I don't know how the Caps are set at center and if they can afford to part with Laich.

Again, I just wonder if this would be a better deal for the Leafs than a deal with the Flyers for Lupul, Marshall and their 09 1st. I think the Leafs need a scoring RW and Lupul should finish the year with 25 goals and 50+ points plus he's young and still improving. He's at 4 mil for next year so he's not a bargin but the Leafs have the cap space to add him and you also get a 1st and a very good prospect in Marshall.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote