Thread: Value of: Johan Frazen
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I got news for homer Blues mods, try not to let your hatred of a team blind you to the facts. Stick to the Blues board if the best you can do is snipe and try to start a flame war.
As for the officiating comments, both you and your own source indicate that Detroit gets a much more favorable overall game call at home than on the road. I've been watching Blues-Detroit games for years, and I can honestly say I don't recall a single time when the Blues had a lead in the third period, and Detroit didn't get at least one questionable call in their favor that resulted in a Red Wing power play and a chance to get the game tied up.

It happened again last Thursday, when the Blues had a 4-3 lead in the third, and a very questionable "boarding" penalty was called on David Backes; Detroit's ability to control the pace of the game on the subsequent power play led directly to the game-tying goal by Kronwall, which came about twenty seconds after the power play had officially ended.

As for the rest, I'll ignore your homerism, and your cheap shots at me, to point out that my initial post on this subject was to say that:

1. I considered Franzen a good, but not elite, player.

2. In my opinion, non-elite players should not get contracts in excess of $5 million a year.

3. I did not expect Franzen -- at his age, and with his injury history -- to play a role on any other team than Detroit which would provide him the opportunity to score 30 goals again.

Then the Detroit partisans came along and started attacking me, questioning my level of knowledge and involvement with the game, so I fired back. The "sniping' and "flame war," such as they are, were not started by me...

Was I obsequiously complimentary to Franzen? Hell, no... just like you would not be complimentary to Backes or any other Blue that has been a thorn in your team's side for several years.

I'll "stick" to whatever board I choose to "stick" to, thank you very much, and if I have an opinion, I'll express it. You can decide for yourself wether you think it's an informed opinion or not, but it's not really your place -- or mine -- to come out on this board and tell the world what we think about each other's opinion.

If you have an issue with me, take it to PM's. If you disagree with my opinion, disagree away... but don't make it personal.

Run along and continue this little Johan Franzen love-fest now; I've said what I have to say about it.

P_B