View Single Post
Old
04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hmm, I saw someone in another thread that suggested a deal involving Gagne for the Kings 1st. Gagne has shown no ill-effects from his concussion last season and has returned to be in the top 25 in scoring and top 14 in gaols this season and he's only 29 years old, ie - in his prime, so the Kings would obviously have to add more to get him. the Flyers real need is a top notch goalie prospect so if I were Holmgren I'd want Bernier too.

I still don't know if I'd do it from the Flyers POV. Gagne is one of the best defensive forward in the game and he's still scoring like he is. Plus he did it all with Mike Richards as his center for most of the year. Now Richards is a very good center but he's not the playmaker Briere is. Gagne probably would have hit 40 goals and 80+ points if he had Briere for the entire season. Now, if you are wondering if Gagne can score without a top notch center, remember that he scored over 40 goals even during our worst season ever and he played less than half his games with Forsberg as his center.

This is a HUGE move for the Flyers. They are trading away thier best wing and only have JVR with the potential to be able to replace him and JVR is a good 4-5 years away from being better than Gagne if he EVER reaches that point.
I can't see the Kings trading their 1st and Bernier for Simon Gagne.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote