Thread: Value of: Tomas Kaberle
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2009, 12:40 PM
C77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I don't really think the Flyers are ideal partners. BB is looking for a C, he may look at the free agent pool but isn't likely to sign anyone long term, or someone that commands more than 6M a year. So if a pretty good C is coming back I think BB will consider making a deal with kaberle

Some guys that I think he should target in free agency are Franzen, and Cammi.

Via trade I would really look at Zajac on the Devils if I was Burke.

I wonder how Bruins fans feel about dealing Marc Savard for Kaberle. Maybe if Boston throws in a draft pick too? What is the value of the 29th pick overall? Is it worth Tomas Kaberle for one more season than we would have Savard?

Savard would give the Leafs an excellent first line center. However, he is only signed for next year at a 5 million cap number. It would fit under your qualification of less than $6 million and a short term contract.

I don't really know what Savard's exact value is but the Bruins have depth at the center position and would get Kaberle for 2 seasons at $4.25 million.

For Boston that would be a 750K savings we could use to resign Krejci, Kessel, Hunwick. Kaberle's addition would mean that Ference is on his way out because he has a similar skill set to Hunwick and we don't want 5 left-handed shooting d-men. However, that 750 K savings would only be on the first year and then we'd be gaining salary for 10-11' (the year all hell breaks loose?)

If it's true that "the Leafs don't know how to rebuild" then Savard would seem to make sense. Although he doesn't really make the Leafs "tougher to play against"

Flame away

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote