View Single Post
Old
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Yup, something like that would be reasonable. Like we were into earlier in the thread, Burke might prefer more established players, but that's a good deal.

Edit: But yeah, Streit reminds me this year of Kaberle in his breakout season. He's been a real revelation for the Islanders, they really lucked out in getting him. To think Hainsey and Redden were the other prizes last summer...
between you and me I cant see taking more established players. MLSE is as bad as Dolan and co. Leaf fans for all the greif the Idiot fringe brings to the fanbase are actually pretty savvy. the Idiots tend to make the vast majority look worse than they should. and as a result MLSE gets away with the myth that the fans will not accept a true rebuild. The truth is Real Leaf fans want a true rebuild so that they can build an Emotional identification with the players and get out of this endless mediocrity loop. so to me I think if thats what Burke is doing I think its a mistake. I think making the playoffs in 2 years at the expense of growing a solid foundation is a mistake and it smacks of MLSE looking at the balance sheet above the best interests of the fans

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote