Thread: Proposal: La - Phi
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2009, 04:28 AM
twenty2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
This. Sorry. I like Lupul and all but he's just way too inconsistent and doesn't offer a fraction of what Hartnell brings to the ice.
Agree. I like Lupul too actually which is why I get so annoyed when people rag on him. He's no more inconsistent than any other 50 point forward in the NHL. I mean if we want to talk about inconsistency/production value alone Lupul is as valuable if not more than players like Jordan Staal, Saku Koivu, Rod Brind'Amour, Kris Versteeg, Bryan Little, and Patrick Berglund. That is to say some of those players are younger than Lupul and have higher potential, but don't forget Lupul himself is still young. Anyway, the point is that if you think any of those players are consistent then you can't call Lupul inconsistent. He's just as consistent as ANY 50~point player in the NHL. Sometimes he doesn't get enough credit for that.

His problem is he doesn't bring the intangibles. That's something that Hartnell does in fact bring to the table and what makes him so valuable.

It's no big deal. I don't blame you for not taking Lupul in such a deal. I wish the kid would show a little more fire sometimes, but it's alright.

I think Hartnell might be out of the question because of his NTC firstly and secondly because if the Flyers need to move out salary it will come from 1st Jones, 2nd Lupul/Carle, 3rd Briere (maybe?).

Hartnell's too key to what the Flyers do night in and night out.

Last edited by twenty2: 04-08-2009 at 04:42 AM.
twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote