View Single Post
Old
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
As far as our defense goes, its ok. Timonen is the best. Coburn and Carle are fine. They are good together, and both have offensive upside and are certainly not afraid to join the rush. Parent is a perfect guy to pair with Timonen for now, he might be better off with Carle or Coburn in the future though, he can cover for them when they take chances, but he needs more experience.

I want Jones out, but Alberts is an ok bottom pairing guy. He is physical, so thats a plus.

I'm of the opinion that Carle is a decent 2nd pairing guy, while Jones is only a decent 3rd pairing guy who can easily be replaced with Sbisa at a fraction of the cost. Carle makes a bit too much, sure, but Jones is a bottom pairing guy, and they are a dime a dozen.

I think our defensive problems are more due to our system rather then a lack of talent. We take chances, then dump and chase. I mean, seriously? We always get outshot.

The Flyers will never be perfect, they cant, not with the cap. They will always have to cut a corner somewhere to afford what they have. We have forward depth, and a few good d-men, thats about it. Hopefully we can have a strong showing in the playoffs and improve goaltending for next year.
Yea, I think you have solved our problem. Timmo should be the ace of the staff and Coburn would make for a great 2nd guy. Parent is a solid three. He has some junk that will be able to fool the other guys. After that its a toss up. I mean who knows what Jones, Carle, and Alberts will bring. I think we throw Jones in the 4th spot, and let the other two battle it out for the 5th spot.