View Single Post
Old
04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Great atmosphere at MSG tonight. I do think that the fact that there were a lot of Habs fans there ratcheted things up a bit, but I said that the crowd had to get behind the team and help make these final 2 home games like a vintage-Garden crowd and that's what happened tonight. The team played a very hard-working, physical game. Drury stepped up when we needed him the most, Antropov played an excellent game despite being hurt, Lundqvist came through when we needed him and everything worked out.

I loved the fact that the PA system played "Ole ole ole" at the end of the game When we were leaving the arena and saw some Habs fans, we were singing that. That was fun.

I thought Carey Price was quite shaky tonight, to be honest. He made some acrobatic saves, but he also struggled on some kind of weak shots. I think the kid is going to be good, but he looked like the pressure got to him a little tonight.

Also, big props to the Flyers for taking care of the Panthers tonight. What a weird scene it was seeing the 'Flyers 2 Panthers 1' score flash up on Gardenvision and hearing the whole crowd cheer. Playoff races make you do strange things, that's for sure.

It's been a wild season, very up and down, very stressful at times, but nevertheless here we are. We just need a win or a Panthers loss and we're in. Anything can happen, just look at the '05 Oilers or the '99 Knicks and of course the '07 Giants.

Just get it done, boys. As a side, it would be kind of amusing to see the Habs miss the playoffs as well, but first thing's first let's worry about our own business.

I noticed this. I was paying attention to the game but it looked like it was pretty brutal. I'm guessing Rangers fan and Habs fan?

Not sure if he was a Rangers or Habs fan, but it was him vs the whole section. He was cursing at everyone, throwing beer and popcorn all over the place...then security tried to get him to leave and he started taking on all of them.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote