View Single Post
Old
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So if they are swept in the 1st round, are you going to say they've improved from last year?
Yes, because we're a better team this year than we were last year. Playoff success is about a host of factors, none of which have anything to do with whether you improved over the year before.

We've won more and lost less than we did a year ago. Huge improvement? Nope, but this team is a better team than we were a year ago.

Quote:
You're also assuming there will be a Game 7 to be played, as well. I would rather have that game be at home, than the road, but you're citing one game of the series as being an advantage to the home team. I'm citing the whole series. Like when 10 or 12 years in a row a 7 seed beet a 2 seed. Or when the 8th seeded Oilers went to the Finals?
I'm assuming nothing, I was simply pointing out the factually incorrect nature of your statement that home ice was irrelevant. In Game 7s, the home ice factor has had a rather strong determining effect in the NHL.

As to the rest of your point. Find me one thing in life that is 100% other than the sun rising tomorrow.

Quote:
The Flyers don't measure themselves their success in the regular season.
Two years ago? Worst in the league.
Year ago? 6th in the East.
As of now? 4th in the East.

Flyers may not measure their success in the regular season, but you damn well can measure something in the regular season.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote