View Single Post
Old
04-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
I think Kaberle's value straight up would be for a mid-level 1st rounder, or maybe a late 1st rounder and a prospect. Another possibility is that he could be used to sweeten the pot in an attempt for the Leafs to move up the draft order, something like this:

To NYI or Colorado: Kaberle and the Leafs' 1st rounder (likely 7th overall)

To Toronto: 1st round pick (either 1st or 2nd overall), and a prospect.

The Islanders can't tank every year, as it looks ridiculous on them. However, they probably have no stomach to give up the chance for Tavares. Colorado could be a playoff team next year if they dealt for Kaberle, and it would basically mean they downgrade from Hedman/Duchene to Schenn/Cowen, as well as a prospect (Nigel Williams for example).

Cue those geniuses who think Kaberle isn't even worth a fourth round pick....

If you think that Kaberle is getting you a crack at Taveres than you are just as big a "genius" as those guys who Kaberle is worth a 4th rounder. This is every bit a ridiculous. And, thinking that you're going to get a "prospect" thrown in elevates this to the absurd.

Kaberle has been the lynch pin on one of the worst defenses in the NHL for years now, and has failed to drag Toronto anywhere near respectability. Why in the world would Col or NYI see Kaberle as the piece that gets them into the playoffs.

Grabo - you wonder why posters react so strongly against Kaberle. I rest my case here. Posts like this are what produce the Kaberle hate here, which I totally agree is unfair. When you see fantasies that totally go beyond a players real value you tend to get extremes in reaction.