View Single Post
Old
09-12-2004, 03:23 PM
OlliMackBjugStud
Touch My Donskoi!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
I guess I can see what you mean but if everybody is satisfied right now with the working conditions in the AHL, it doesn't do much wrong and it does some good.

I guess the first thing for me is, I would like to know more about how the AHL usually works as far as salaries are concerned. Who pays the players that are NHL property usually?
well, clearly i dont support the owners in this lockout, but to get the full effect and into the minds of the players you need to make them sit, not play. as long as they are playing, staying in shape, going to the rink, basically maintaining a similar routine they are used to, they will not get the mental pains of being locked out.

if i was the owner, id say damned be development, no one with an NHL level contract is playing, period. unless they of course signed an idependant contract with that AHL team. however, i would use all my leverage with the AHL to deter them from sidetracking the labour stoppage.

anyhow, just one more point to show the owners arent going to go the distance with this lockout, if they meant business no one would be playing, period. no matter how "insignificant it may seem". seriously, if the young uns are the sacrificial lamb, you arent going to get htem to vote to accept a cap by letting htem play. if you want to get those guys on side, make them sit too !

dr