View Single Post
Old
09-12-2004, 10:15 PM
NYRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsknight
"In fact, we’ve pledged to play next season while we continue to negotiate, if a new deal can’t be reached before September 15." - My favorite quote.
Yes, because they would want to be paid current salaries while playing. All his statements are obviously one sided.

Quote:
First of all, I want you to know that the players will not strike.
No crap. You would play for current salaries. Your getting locked out b.c your being paid to much. Thats the whole point of the dam thing.

Quote:
The league is also engaged in a PR campaign to justify their lockout to fans.
And things like this arent a PR campaign for the NHLPA?

Quote:
Last October we presented a proposal that included a luxury tax system, a proven success in Major League Baseball.
They werent loosing as much money as the NHL. It would work, and I think the NHL/Owners would go for it at a reasonable level.

Quote:
such as a 5% salary rollback
Whoppie! Jagr makes 9.5 instead of 10 mil a year!

Quote:
For our part, the players will continue to meet with the owners in the hopes of finding some common ground to negotiate a fair deal. The sooner the owners move off of their demand for a salary cap (or as they call it, cost certainty), the sooner we can engage in negotiations that will lead to a new agreement.
The only common ground there going to find is the one there on during negotiations. This is such crap. Screw the NHLPA. There not even making an attempt to negotiate. At least the owners put 6 different proposals on the table. A sytem should be reached where owners at least make back the money they put out each year.