Thread: Value of: Johan Frazen
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
DL44

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
1. I considered Franzen a good, but not elite, player.

2. In my opinion, non-elite players should not get contracts in excess of $5 million a year.

3. I did not expect Franzen -- at his age, and with his injury history -- to play a role on any other team than Detroit which would provide him the opportunity to score 30 goals again.

Was I obsequiously complimentary to Franzen? Hell, no... just like you would not be complimentary to Backes or any other Blue that has been a thorn in your team's side for several years.

P_B
Well at least you admit you're bias (bolded), and it's this fact that has people jumping on you and your opinion.
That, and "I wouldn't give you a dime for him..." is pretty obviously an attempt to be inflammatory. As a mod, you should of known exactly the reaction you were going to garner.

No matter how much I, or others, agree with you that non-elite players should not get more than $5million/yr, it doesn't change the fact that they do.
- Smyth, Havlat, Perry, Tanguay, Rolston, Nylander (and countless Dmen)... and few others depending on your personal definition of elite.
So that argument is essentially irrelevant.