View Single Post
Old
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by machoman911b View Post
I don't think that Komisarek is a dirty player, but here's the difference between the situation the other night and the situation in Montreal.

Julien tells Lucic NOT to fight Laraque. Laraque "shadows" Lucic every shift, and tries to engage him by simply running his mouth, with the occasional gloved push. Not going to lie, if that is how Laraque was supposed to goad Lucic, that's just pretty sad. If BGL wanted the fight badly enough, he'd take the extra penalty or two and REALLY engage Milan -- put him in a situation where he has to drop mitts or get hammered.

Gainey tells the Habs NOT to fight. Lucic tries to scrap Komisarek, gloves stay on. Chara drops mitts and starts throwing, Komisarek's glove stay on. Thornton drops mitts with D'Agostini, his gloves stay on. Thornton drops mitts with O'Byrne, he turtles. Hnidy ragdolls Gorges, who refuses to scrap. Thornton drops gloves with Komisarek, he stares at him blankly - Lucic jumps on. Thornton drops mitts again with Komisarek, no fight, both take roughings.

Just looking at it, the Habs took massive penalty minutes in all these exchanges...if Komisarek is too valuable to lose -- why wouldn't he fight once and get it over with (5 minutes) instead of taking more than that in minors -- same for O'Byrne. As players, there comes a time where they are challenged so directly that for the damn pride/guts they should answer the bell.
Hence why the refering was questionable that night. Bob did not dress Laraque and Stewart and said to his guys to not drop the gloves because his idea was that it was an absolutly important win and the idea was for the Bruins to take those penalties and the Habs scoring on the mutliple PPs. But Bob forgot to factor in the refs would do such a bad job. It seems to me when there's a fight and one guy doesn't drop his gloves, he should be spaired. But it did not happen. Same with the multiple assaults the Bruins did and I counted three or four times where the Bruins should have had a third man penalty.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote