View Single Post
Old
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier
I agree that the next NFL CBA negotiation is going to be very interesting. I wish I had a buck for every time I've heard critical comments about Gene Upshaw's stewardship of the NFL players union. Considering the NFL is awash in TV money and that franchise values are through the roof, the players, most of whom don't have long careers, are going to demand some more security in their contracts.
True, but some good has come out of that CBA. In the old days only the glory boys; the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers, would see the big money. You'd never see bidding wars over cornerbacks, or offensive tackles drawing salaries in the millions of dollars.

The NFL has it's problems no doubt, but they are the most proactive league in terms of resolving problems as quickly as possible. Their concept of the copetition commitee alone is nothing short of brilliant. Those negotiations probably won't be all sunshine and roses, but I don't think they will be near as ugly as the so-called "negotiations" between the NHL and the NHLPA.