View Single Post
Old
04-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Sheesh. Step back off the ledge or jump already. The B's are favoured, everyone knows this. But to be a fan of your team and think there is no way we can win is just ridiculous let alone to post that drivel on the Habs board 3 times in one thread.

Boston has a good team this year but the top 3 scorers on their team have played a combined 18 playoff games in their careers. Not to mention those guys (Kessel, Krejci and Savard) are smurfier than our guys. We KNOW Kovalev and Koivu can bring it in the playoffs because they've done it time and again. Our D will need to lean on their forwards (which Komi is great at) if the whistles are put away and if the whistles are out, we'll have so many bloody power plays against a twitchy emotional team like BOS that their 5vs5 advantage won't amount to much.

Habs in 6.
And I thought that being a fan was to still have opinions that might not go the way you would want it to go. Who says that Boston will be undisciplined? How about playing hard without getting penalties? By the way, the quote your responded to was about which players on our side had the ability to injure other players from other teams. And the answer is nobody. Now that this is settled, as far as winning games are concerned, I just don't see it. I don't have the utmost confidence in Carey yet. I don't have confidence that Pleks will upgrade his game, nor do I think that there's enough depth up front and on D, especially if Markov isn't there, to go through that Boston team who, compared to last year, has THEIR Markov in full health, has way more confidence as a team and against us and who is just a better team in itself.

I believe that any bad team can beat a great team any given night.....but not win 4 games. I wish as hell that I'm wrong, that's what being a fan REALLY is. Despite any predictions that goes against your team, that you prefer being wrong and see your team win, instead of hoping you're right just to say that you were. I know a couple of posters like that, I know I'm not one of them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote