View Single Post
Old
09-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickRed
This NEW professional hockey league should, in my opinion and that of Ken Dryden, be 4 on 4 rather than 5 on 5.
Eew. Hockey is 5 on 5. A 4 on 4 league creeps me out just thinking about it.

Quote:
I am also in favor of the following rules:
1) Defense must play the puck and not be allowed to trap (something like th illegal defenses prohibited in basketball)

You cannot outlaw sound defensive play.

Quote:
2) get rid of the red line
3) get rid to the two line pass rule
We europeans have been without the two line pass for a few years. It's not a big difference really. It means there will one or two more breakaways per game, other than that it's a flop. No increased scoring, however the end-to-end action could be a bit better with it, so why not. I don't see why you want to get rid of the red line though. We still need it to determin icings and stuff.

Quote:
4) 1980s sized goalie pads
Agree. Smaller goalie equipment = more net to shoot at.

Quote:
5) penalty after 5 icings to keep play moving and discourage icings.
Don't agree. Thats a rule that would be confusing and probably hard to keep track of when the games get hot.

Lets have the full 2 penalty minutes even if someone scores. That would benefit skilled teams with a good powerplay and discourage teams from taking too many penaltys.

I hope they move the nets back against the back boards like it used to be and allow more curve on the sticks. Other than that, I got nothing.