View Single Post
Old
04-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I wouldn't go higher than 2 million a year for Zanon. I think he will probably end up with a 4 year 9 million dollar deal, or something of that nature.....which is a big stretch. Despite what he does for the team, he really is not THAT good as a number 4 defenseman. He made pretty obvious defensive mistakes on a consistent basis. I like the guy, but we may have to watch him go if we plan on keeping Dan Hamhuis.

Ward should be back on a 1-2 year deal with Fiddler like money. 2 years 1.7 million?

Sully.......bring him back. 1-2 year deal, 2-2.5 million. He was the catalyst to this team. Short investment, less money....

Fiddler/Bonk/Nichol....sure you could bring back 1-2 of these guys, but only if it is around 600-700k each.

Koistenen/Devries.....both should be gone unless Zanon leaves AND we sign them at close to league minimum. I could theoretically see DeVries (God help us) resign at 800-900k on a 1 year deal if Zanon leaves.....

Sulzer is definitely going to be in our top 6 next year. Franson and Blum will both get good looks, and I expect one of the two to be on the team....You never know if a guy like Laakso surprises at camp and wins a spot as well. We will likely bring in a guy to compete who will surprise as well.

With Minnesota winning last night, we have the 11th pick in the draft.