View Single Post
Old
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Though is proposal is heavily lopsided in our favor, I think any deal involving us sending draft picks the other way is a bad deal. The only trades we should make are one-for-one deals or getting picks in exchange for our players.

I do agree that we need a little more muscle in the lineup, but I'd rather sign a guy like Battaglia than make a deal so a guy like Leclerc. Guys like them are so valuable to their team that one would have to overpay to get them, which IMO isn't worth it.
We do need guys with skill and toughness, this is why Barnaby and Simon played well here. If they were not scoring, they did other things to help the team. This is why I wanted us to sign Wiemer. On Battaglia, he was only good on the Canes. On the Avs and Caps he was either hurt or not playing well. We do need depth on LW so maybe with more ice time maybe he would produce. Id take a chance on Battaglia over somone like resigning Hlavac. I wonder who else is out their. I wanted a guy like Konowalchuk b4 he signed with Avs.

Other possibilties at LW:

Dean McAmmond
Val Bure
Mikael Samuelsson
Petr Schaslivy
Ivan Novoseltsev
Todd Harvey
Ben Clymer
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre
Kip Miller