View Single Post
Old
04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUnknown View Post
Fortier has shown more offense this year in the Q (with 35 points in 29 games). I think he's going to turn out fine as a 3rd line player, 30-40 points per year type of guy. A more talented Kostopoulos that doesn't drop the gloves.
Yea he would have likely had career highs if he played a full season but the number he put up this year on a pro rated basis, still wouldn't be that impressive for a 19 year old 3rd round pick imo.

For me, the lack of offense is a concern but I find his frame and lack of lower body strength to be a much bigger problem as I question how he will handle the bigger, stronger players at the AHL level, although he did impress me in preseason action this year for the Habs, he's very fast and may be the hardest working prospect in our farm system.

For me, I put into what they do at the AHL level, cause I see most of Hamilton's games, so I personally get a much better read on the guys when they there, to see how they do against a higher level. Next year I will have a better read on him, so we'll see how he does.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote