View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Players can heal. Before his cancer year Koivu averaged 57 games per season (and if you ignore his 82 game rookie season it's closer to 52).

Upon returning he's averaged 74.

If this team wants an offensive superstar without tanking a season or finding a diamond in the rough a la Detroit, they'll have to gamble at some point. I'm not saying I would try to sign Gaborik but I wouldn't outright dismiss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Gaborik isn't exactly a cream puff. He's no Bertuzzi, but he isn't afraid to go to dirty areas to get goals. 17 pts in 18 games in the Wild's 2003 playoff run, in the clutch-and-grab era and in a stifling Minnesota defensive system.

And other than Ovechkin or Kovalchuk, nobody can match his speed and goal-scoring ability, which would both compliment this team and add a dimension we don't have. Adding Gaborik wouldn't give us more of the same because frankly nobody on our team is in the same league as him offensively.
Agreed, we've been in need of a superstar for a long time and the closest we've had to that is Kovy last year. People have forgotten the impact of a superstar.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote