View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post
So refreshing to have a prospects list made without considering draft order. Your article was a good read & I agree Subban should be first. Actually your top 5 is dead on. great job! and please keep up the good work, i always enjoy reading your posts in the hamilton & propects threads.
Thanks, I'm glad you noticed that, as I think people often get caught up in where a player is drafted. Just look at S.Kostitsyn, while he's had his struggles, if you were to consider him a prospect still (which I can understand if some do, but I don't) he would be one of our top prospects for sure, despite being drafted 200th overall.

Granted I may be buying into the hype when it comes to Subban, and I like McDonagh a lot but to me, but I find Subban's max upside to be much higher as he brings the rare mix of speed, skating, offensive skills, physical toughness, and is at least decent in his own end imo. McDonagh is the safer bet to reach his potential and he will be in the NHL on the PK and playing physical while also hopefully added some offense as well. To me I look at it as Subban looks to have a Markov type of impact if everything goes right for him, whereas McDonagh is see as having a Hammer like impact (say Hammer from last year) but more physical perhaps less offense. So despite one being drafted 12th overall and the other being drafted 43rd, I rank the top end talent higher.

Also I changed up the format for the write ups, just wanted to try something different, usually it's not as long as it was this time around though.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote