View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Gaborik isn't exactly a cream puff. He's no Bertuzzi, but he isn't afraid to go to dirty areas to get goals. 17 pts in 18 games in the Wild's 2003 playoff run, in the clutch-and-grab era and in a stifling Minnesota defensive system.

And other than Ovechkin or Kovalchuk, nobody can match his speed and goal-scoring ability, which would both compliment this team and add a dimension we don't have. Adding Gaborik wouldn't give us more of the same because frankly nobody on our team is in the same league as him offensively.
Exactly. Part of the reason why I chose him is because he is a goal scorer. If you look at all his seasons it's always around even in the point production department, having a few more goals then assists.

We need a goal scorer and imo Gaborik if healthy, can actually be a top 10 in the NHL kind of guy. I agree he is a question mark in terms of health though, but as others have speculated, could just be awful luck.

I think he's one of those players who is worth the risk. Only problem is I doubt we'd really want to risk it for more then a 2 year deal and he likely could find at least a 3-5 year deal elsewhere, from a more desperate team.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote