View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
From the few games I saw Mayer play this year, he looked as though he has regressed. His play was much better late last year IMO. A few faithful SJ fans told me that he is a streaky goaltender. Dunno if anyone has anymore insight on him, but he was unimpressive to me in the games I watched.
Yea I saw Mayer a little last year and a little this year and it was often not pretty. I have heard the knock on him was his consistency, so I guess we'll see what happens with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well, to me, Mayer, Desjardins or Meissin (sp?) are all longshots, but I'd put any of them in the top 20 over Olivier Latendresse. Aside from him, good list.
Mayer, no way as I would have him at the bottom of our prospect pool, Missaien I can see as I like what I saw him from, but I had a hard time getting a good read on him, as he'd make some really good saves and then let in 2 or 3 crappy goals, granted he was seeing a ton of rubber, but I wasn't sure what to make of him. I am interested in seeing what he does at the pro level in 2 years. Desjardins I can see why others would have him higher but I can't say I'm totally sold on him, he has been good in Hamilton, which is why I put him just outside the top 20.

What is it about O Lats you don't like? Did you see him this year? I thought he looked very good on Desharnais's line, these two seem to work well together. Or is it the injury concern?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote