View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Lemaire would be an amazing coach. He is really the perfect candidate. Bilingual, experienced and successful. Everywhere Lemaire has coached, success has followed. He can teach the best system in the league and I don't care if we don't play an exciting score off the rush system. I would much prefer a structured system where we don't turn the puck over and create offence based on forcing turnovers. I am not sure of somebody like Kovalev would buy into the system but we do have players who can work in that system.
i agree with you, but the thing that would concern me is personel...

higgins, pleks, lapierre, even maybe young guys like D'ago and Max Pac... I could see them buying in.

but the kost brothers and Lats, I don't know if they'd be able to handle it, while guys like Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu might decide they don't even want to bother and just sign somewhere else...

It could be the best thing for us in the long term, but I wouldn't be surprised if it cost us another 3-4-5 years to build the kind of roster that could really succeed under it. It was painful enough to watch this "5 year plan" implode...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote