View Single Post
Old
04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMakc View Post
But Ilitch waited over 10 years for Stanley Cup, and Detroit didn't become pennerial contender before Bowman's arrival. And he didn't showed Jim Develano the door after let's say Borshchevski goal in 1993. Patience pays off.
Dude........the Habs haven't won the Cup in (what is about to be) 16 years (I realize Gillette has not owned the team of that enrtire period).

But, considering that Gillette purchased the Canadiens on January 2, 2000 - he has now owned the Habs for 9+ years - this team doesn't appear to be on the verge of being a Cup competitor - hell, they barely made the playoffs this year!

What blows me away is that in 9+ seasons I don't see enough improvement with this team to feel any encouragement about the future.

And, things may get a lot worse before they get better - Consider that (in terms of age) Kovalev, Lang and Koivu are near the end of their respective careers - who do the Habs have to take their places when they do retire?

Anyway, if media reports are accurate - Gillette will no longer be owner for vey long!

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote