View Single Post
Old
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Lats came to the NHL too early and that has been discussed to death here, it was what it was.

Today however he is a valuable part of the team. He and Lappy have good chemistry together. Laps makes up for Lats lack of speed and Lats plays decent positional hockey allowing Laps to run around a bit. They cycle the puck well and both have enough skill to put the puck in the net.

As for the OP and when Lats will become Lucic. Never I hope. Lucic has not respect for anyone and eventually that will do him in. Lats, from what I've seen lately, has a nose for the net and is using his size more effectively. I think Lats could be a decent fighter but I think he's got some concussion history that prevents him from going for it. The only way Lucic will score regularly is through threat and intimidation, which is effective, but lets not confuse that with skill. Lats has more, the shame is that I wish he would play more passionately, which would turn him into a truly scary asset. I'll be happy if he turns into a regular 25 goal man on the third line, which is most likely where he'll end up. Why try and turn him into a 1st line guy when he's better suited to this role.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote