View Single Post
Old
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
How can you say that. Lucic is a better player now and he's younger than Lats. Gui is an average 3rd liner who'll look good when he plays with sparkplugs like LAPPY & kosto.
Lats is 1year older and unlike Lucic, he jumped from Juniors to NHL.
I think we can all agree that Lats probably would have benefited from 1-2 in AHL before coming up. But too late for that and he's progressed a great deal this season becoming a valuable player on the third line.

Cam Neely that defined what a Power Forward is, had 34pts in his 3rd NHL season. At that time, he only had 5 more Goals than Lats while having played a few less games.

I'm not saying Lats will ever score 50ish goals. But if he keeps progressing and trains hard again over the summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fill a more offensive role next year on the top 2lines with some PP time.

46G over 3years, starting at 18, with minimal ice time and almost no PP time is pretty decent.
We know he can be effective with top liners as he's shown with Koivu more than once.

Latendresse once into his groove, will be a better player than Lucic offensively. That doesn't mean that I'd take Lats over Lucic today.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote