View Single Post
Old
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
smon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Souray was wrong to do what he did to a teammate, especially a veteran NHLer like that.

BTW, I have never EVER heard Kovy do anything similar to another Hab.
Well, there were the criticisms of the coach favouring Quebec players such as Lapierre and Latendresse to the Russian media a couple of years ago. I don't know if he mentioned them by name, so perhaps it's not the same thing.

Was Kovalev hurt? I don't know, we'll really never know since no one would admit to faking. He obviously was slashed fairly hard, it was a play that could have been called. His reaction though was laughably over the top, it's not like that injury was serious enough to prevent him from playing any of the next game, and then of course he took his teammate out of the play, which was completely ********.

And as for what Souray does, obviously he was rushing back to the Habs zone, and Kovalev clearly skated into his path. I can't believe there's actually people who think its all Souray's fault. It says something if even the coach (ironically one Claude Julien) also criticized Kovalev publicly.

Still Kovalev did play much better after that and was a big part in winning the series, so it's all forgiven. Just a really bizarre play that makes it for an unfortunate highlight, that's all.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote