View Single Post
Old
04-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
You should not have skate pain if you have a properly fitting skate. And stick and pucks are not pickup, they are sessions where you go out and practice. The rink people throw a bunch of nets out on the ice, and dump out a bucket of pucks. Great time to practice your shots and such with real goalies who come out instead of just shooting in you garage.

Pickup is good, but if you can find a beginner's league is good too. Pickup will help you a lot with skills, but it will teach you nothing about proper positioning and how to play as a team.

And if you can, an adult beginner's class is a must.
Well here (in Maine) it is called Shinny hockey and at another rink stick n' puck which is also shinny hockey with a different name.

i've never heard of stick n' puck as you've described it where I play in Maine. That's cool though .... practice is practice I reckon ;p

Also I don't think the guy is too concerned about proper positioning and how to play as a team. I think he can wait until he can skate good enough and has learned the basics like doing anything that resembles hockey first.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote