View Single Post
Old
04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Kiraly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Congrats to a great tournament. Do you think you might even get promoted next year?? Somehow after yesterday night I have a feeling that on a good night your U18team would defeat the Slovak U18 team.
The group of 1992-born players is the strongest group coming out of Hungary in quite some time. There are also some 1993-born players that are looking promising. Hungary was pretty close to winning the tournament this year with a fairly young team so I think expectations will be on promotion next year.

The top two scorers for Hungary in Belarus were born in 1993. Both players are members of the Budapest Stars which has some sort of a cooperative agreement with Nove Zamky. So both players also played a handful of games with the Slovakian club. It appears the experience is paying dividends.

I donít know much about prospects born after 1993, but there will be an opportunity to get a glimpse of what is to come this week in Prague. The Hungarian U14 (1995 and younger) team will be in Prague this week for an international tournament. Teams from Slovakia, Russia, Sweden, Finland and North America will also be participating. Playing against teams from these countries will undoubtedly be a great challenge for them and should be a good experience regardless of the outcomes.

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote