View Single Post
Old
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I enjoy Burke's approach. How many GMs say anything at all? Whether Burke is doing it purely to stroke his own ego or not, it's still entertaining and I really find it refreshing.

Whether he can pull it off or not, basically all comes down to team philosophy and a bit of scouting for the Isles IMHO. I don't think there's necessarily a HUGE separation between Tavares and the best player available at #7. If the Isles' feel similarly, and if they have any motivation at all to try to turn things around next season, then a package of Kubina, Kaberle, a #7 pick, maybe some other young guns like Tlusty or Kulemin, maybe some future 1st rounders, maybe even Blake (he's better than... who are the Isles' current top wingers anyway?)... it's not ridiculous. It's only ridiculous if the Isles are truly sold on Tavares (or Hedman) as a future franchise superstar, or if they simply don't have the money/desire to take the immediate impact of guys like Kubina/Kaberle as part of the package.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...1&postcount=10

Plagiarism.

Let's say the Isle do this trade and throw a ridiculous amount at Komisarek and sign Higgins to an offer sheet:

Fowards:
Blake - Weight - Hunter
Higgins - Bailey - Okposo
Bergenheim - Tlusty - Comeau
Tambellini - Neilsen - Park

Extras: Tim Jackman, Joel Rechlicz, Kulemin (I don't know much about the NYI depth chart so I don't know where they would fit in.)

Defense:
Kaberle - Kubina
Streit - Komisarek
Sutton - Witt

Extras: Martinek, Gervais

Goalies:
Rick DiPietro
???

lololol

Last edited by Sined: 04-15-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Sined is offline   Reply With Quote