View Single Post
Old
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
cprice31

vCash: 500
People here need to criticize more intelligently.

My position can be summarized by the following points.

1.) The furthest the Habs have made since 1993 was indeed in 2002 where they brought Carolina to a game 6 in round 2.

2.) Since 2003, Anaheim/Boston/Flyers/Vancouver all started in peak positions - spiralled towards the bottom - then brought themselves to levels that are better than Montreal has been since 1993. My point is clear - Boston was #1 in 2004, then went down to 14th in the east - then went to #1 in 2009. Anaheim had two cup runs in 2003 and victorious in 2007. FLyers were the worst team in east in 2007, and managed to go to 3rd round in 2008.

So hear me out. Flyers and Bruins ARE THE WORST TEAMS in the east, and during the time that the Habs are "re-building", the Flyers and Bruins manage to turn it around faster than the Habs have tried since Gainey's 5.5 year plan? Bull****e

3.) All of the Habs young players that were expected to take the torch and form the nucleus of this team going forward (Plekanec/Higgins/Kostx/Komisarek) are all stagnating, if not regressing. In other cities (i.e. Chicago/Boston/Washington/Philly) - young players are taking the bull by the horn and forming the nucleus of their teams not only through leadership - but also offensive contribution.

4. ) Since Gainey took the helm, the Canadiens always lacked as follows;
1- elite/consistent and reliable offense
2- size at the center position
3- team toughness

WHICH OF THE ABOVE CAN YOU SAY HAS BEEN SATISFIED?

So before you attack me, carefully consider if the Habs truly are where they should be within the time frame allotted, considering that other teams have turned it around in much quicker time than the Habs.

The Habs have been one of the NHL's most mediocre franchises since 1993, and whether its Savard/Houle/Savard/Gainey - the excuse making time is over.

There isnt much hope for the future, especially our UFA's, our good (but not great) prospect pool..

Gainey has been mediocre, and defending his record is an exercise in futility.

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote