View Single Post
Old
04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
actually before lang got injured we were one of the best in the east, and almost every journalist peged us as a contender at the begining of the season. and you take away any teams best player and #1 defenceman we'll see how competitive they are.

i truly started to really support gainey recently, when markov got injured. i thought back to the 07 draft whe he picked 6 defencemen. i remember thinking what the hell is he doing. looking back i realized that gainey did that so a few years from now if markov or whoever our #1 is gets injured we'll be alright. quality defencemen can be more valuable than any other position, and gainey knows this. look at the cup winners defense cores over the last few years; detroit, anaheim, etc...

if gainey did whatever the media and fans wanted we would be in a lot worse of a position. gainey knows how to win, as he always has. i will not follow him blindly, however if you really understand the sport you can see what he is going for.
Montreal has been a 500 team since about the 10 game mark of the year.

We can't excuse this season on Markov's and Langs injuries.

On paper and going by last years play, this team is a good team however it wouldn't be the first time that the sum of the parts don't add up.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote